Search This Blog

Thursday, October 9, 2008

Sarah Palin to drop puck for Flyers home opener.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=385590

Well, if I needed another reason to dislike Sarah Palin, here it is. She will drop the puck for the Flyers home opener. We all know her "hockey mom" comment and since Philly is sponsoring a search in the city for the best hockey mom, they invited Sarah Palin. Hey, it's in Philly, there is no better city for her to do it in. I do not like the Philadelphia Flyers and if I had to choose a team that Palin would drop the puck for, I would pick the Flyers! They mix perfectly!

Some say Palin has brought more attention to the sport of hockey. Well, personally, I don't think we need that kind of attention. I doubt people will become more involved or become die-hard fans because Sarah Palin has proclaimed herself as a "hockey mom." Flyers founder, Ed Snider, called Palin "the most popular hockey mom in North America." Really? Most popular? I like to think there are better hockey moms out there than Sarah Palin, in fact I am sure there are. Most popular? Maybe we should say "Most heard of." Maybe that statement would fit more appropriately. Whatever it is, I don't think Sarah Palin has had or will have any impact on the NHL.