Search This Blog

Monday, October 27, 2008

Pens lose lead in the third... again.

The Pens lost to the New York Rangers Saturday night 3-2 in the shootout. At least we salvaged a point from this third period letdown. The Pens carried a 2-0 lead going into the third period and let it slip by. The Rangers tied it with seconds left in the third to lead it into overtime and then eventually the shootout. This is not the first time the Pens let a lead slip away this season.
Fleury made 42 saves but it was not enough to keep the Pens from losing.
The Pens better learn quickly how to keep a lead. They need to stay on their game and not get away from what has been working the first two periods. They should not let up at all.
I hope the Pens do correct this soon and I have confidence that they will. I hope, because I can not take too many more losses when we had the lead going into the third. They are not so easy to take for me or for many Pens fans.

No comments: