Search This Blog

Monday, April 2, 2012

Pens-Flyers post game thoughts and reflections.


Yesterday's game provided plenty of subjects and things to discuss. Though, one thing that deserves attention before even yesterday's game occurred is the subject of the blame game. After a loss, it is expected to hear some people upset and reflect on what could have been done better. That's great, because after a loss there are most definitely things to improve on for the next game and it is like that after most wins as well. However, because it's a win, no one wants to criticize so they don't. Well, those things are fine, but it is the blaming of players that gets to be too much at times after losses. I don't look for one scapegoat or even a few after a loss. After all, it is not my job to evaluate each player's game and report on it. I leave that up to the coaches and members of the team and the Penguins organization. I am not in a position that allows me to know every detail of events that lead up to, transpire during or after the game. Therefore, I feel that I have no right to blame certain players and pick certain ones out and blame them for a loss. Sure, as fans, we may notice certain mistakes and we realize some things that could be done better, but to me that does not mean I can blame that one player who may have had a bad game or a few. I see things that the team as a whole could do better, this is a team sport after all. Rather than finding someone to blame these recent losses on, let's hope the Pens are focusing on fixing the things that have been going wrong and correcting them and we'll cheer and believe in our team. After all, a fan's main job, I believe, is to cheer for their team and believe in their team. And that is exactly what I will do for the Pittsburgh Penguins.


Yesterday's loss to the Flyers was a tough one. As I have said before, what loss to the Flyers is not a tough one? Perhaps it was just a cruel April Fools Joke?
The Pens had a 2 goal advantage and it slipped away from them. Granted the Flyers are a good team, but the Pens are a better team and we did not show them that yesterday. After a clean hit, the Flyers seemed to have a problem with the line Dan Bylsma chose to put on the ice that delievered the hit and fights ensued after that. Not just on the ice either; on the benches as well between the two coaching staffs. I have a very strong dislike for the Flyers and my temper can flare as well during those games, therefore I completely understand how the coaches and players can lose their tempers as well. Though, I hope to see a determined Pens team this Saturday when we face the Philadelphia Flyers for our last regular season home game of the season. Not necessarily a team deteremined to fight and take a lot of penalties. A team determined to show the Flyers how great of a team we are and beat them in the areas of the game that we failed to show this past weekend. Yesterday's game will surely make for an exciting matchup this weekend, but I hope for a different outcome: A Pens' win to show the Flyers just who they are dealing with.

And to make it better, Cy Clark- aka Malkamania, there in the same seat he was in yesterday to show the Flyers just who they are dealing with as well.

No comments: