Search This Blog

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Whitney gone to Anaheim, Kunitz and Tangradi join Pens.

Ryan Whitney has been traded to the Anaheim Ducks in exchange for Left Winger Chris Kunitz and prospect Eric Tangradi.
For info on the two acquisitions:
http://penguins.nhl.com/team/app/?service=page&page=NewsPage&articleid=411184

Now, I know Whitney has not been performing to the best of his abilities since he came back from injury this season, but I get too attached to players and I will miss Whitney. That's just how I am. I do see potential in trades and I expected Whitney to be traded, so this is no real surprise. I wish Whitney the best of luck with his career and I am sure he will get back to playing like he did when he was at his best for the Pens. Let's hope Kunitz can be the help on wing we need.

No comments: