Search This Blog

Monday, February 16, 2009

Pens lose to Islanders in shootout.

The Pens lost in Bylsma's debut today in a shootout, 3-2 to the New York Islanders. No one was expecting miracles with the first game for a new coach, at least I hope no one was. This was another disappointing loss, simply because it was a loss and we lost a badly needed extra point. The Islanders were hungry for a win, but the Pens should have been too. We did play with more energy than some games though I was not lucky enough to see the third period and on because of work, so I can not divulge more on the Pens play this afternoon. Therefore, it would not really be fair for me to say much on the way the Pens played. I am just hoping for a win Thursday night against Montreal. We need all the wins we can get with 24 games left in the season to make it to the playoffs.

No comments: