Search This Blog

Monday, January 9, 2012

Quite a predicament.

Well, it is quite easy to have the blues in Pittsburgh right now (even if the Washington Post did name us the new "In" city recently). I'll have to admit, I find myself feeling a little sad at times. I mean, I graduated in the spring with a degree and certification in education. You know what that means: practically an absolute guarantee of not being hired full time for years for a job in my degree!

Also, most of the Pens are injured and when I say that, you know I am not exaggerating. I would list the players who are all injured now, but frankly, I am not sure I could make it through the list without losing it. I may be adding a little exaggeration, but we are in a tough spot with all the injuries.

However, then I think of all that is good: Pittsburgh WAS named the "In" city by the Washington Post. (This was before that horrible Steelers loss to the Broncos yesterday ending their season though, but I am sure they won't revoke the title from us!) I also remember that as a day-to-day sub, I can practically pick and choose the days I work and take off when I don't feel like it, and I have to admit, that is pretty awesome. Now, on to the Pens. Not being much of a Steelers fan, I was over the loss seconds after it happened, but the Pens' injuries are still on my mind. The list seems to never end and I am terrified of any additions.

Then I think on the bright side. Sometimes good things can come from terrible times. The amount of injuries may rally the Pens to play an entire 60 minute game, and play it well. Players will step up to the task and lift this team in a time of need, perhaps. Call-ups will perform like they have been here all season and deserve to finish here. Let's face it, these things need to happen if the Pens want to make it into the playoffs. The Pens have slipped down further and further in the standings with their current 4-game losing streak and need to get back on a winning track if they want to play past April 7th. I have faith that the Pens can do it, that's what true fans do: believe in their team. Malkin has to regain his excellence from previous games and the team needs to play a better game. Pretty much, everyone needs to step it up and play their best- EVERYONE!

The truth is, the Pens are still a tough team, we just have to play our best and prove it. No time to feel sorry for ourselves, we just have to look at this situation and know that we can play better and be a contender.

We all know that in the past we have dealt with injuries and adveristy and have come out on the other side a better team for it. This time is no different. The list of injured players might be a little longer, but that may just be what the Pens need: A tough patch that we make it out of as a strong team that only gets stronger and more lethal when players return to the lineup. Let's keep our heads up high. (Seriously, please keep your heads up so you won't be caught off guard with hits or anything, we really don't need any more injuries.)

3 comments:

clint mcafoos said...

Mary, what a great write-up!!! Thank you! I couldn't agree more with you!!! You rock!!

Unknown said...

nicely done Mary...if you want to trade sites let me know..thanks for a good read.

Mary said...

Thank you so much! I am glad you enjoyed reading the post.
And makoman, I am up for contributing to any other blogs any time!