Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Pens season starts tomorrow.

For most of us Pens fans out there, today is like Christmas Eve. The anticipation and excitement most of us are feeling can only compare to that of a child waiting to open all their presents Christmas morning. I believe hockey fans have it a bit better though. Whereas a child gets a short amount of time opening all those presents and then enjoying playing with their new toys, hockey fans get months of nail-biting games, superb goals, jaw-dropping moments, great battles, intense rivalries, great saves, awesome breakaways, last minute goals to tie a game or break a tie and so much more. I can not wait for a new season to start, but I look forward to each and every game and this season has me particularly excited because I have a feeling we will see some great things. I may have trouble sleeping tonight because of excitement for a new hockey season, but I will need to rest to stay up for the late start for the Penguins tomorrow night in Vancouver. Something tells me though that I won't have any trouble keeping my eyes open.

So, we are almost there hockey fans! Another season is about to begin and anything is possible. At this point, any team can be lifting Lord Stanley's Cup at the end of the season. Ok, some teams and that dream are really far-fetched, but anything is possible at this point.

I also have to wish a Happy Birthday to the beloved Mario Lemieux. The Pittsburgh Penguins would not be what they are today without him. I truly believe that Mario Lemieux is one of the greatest people to ever step foot on this planet and the greatest player to ever grace the NHL. Thank you for all you have done Mario!

No comments: