Search This Blog

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Crosby not far from returning.

Crosby was cleared for contact a little while ago and it was exciting news for all us Pens fans because we know that that is one step closer to being ready for some game action. Though, with the Pens busy schedule, the captain has not been able to experience much contact since he was cleared because most of the practices have been game-day skates. I would like to think that when our schedule slows down a bit and the Pens are home more, the contact will be coming steadily and practice will become the routine practices and the captain will return soon.
I am not one to jinx anything dealing with the Pens. I don't make predictions on outocmes of Pens games or stats simply because I would think I jinxed the team. I'm the type of person that if a goalie hasn't let a goal in and it's the third period, I don't even dare think about a shutout and as the third period winds down, if someone I am with watching the game mutters anything about a shutout, I give them a glare. I just don't want to take any chances. That being said, I am hesitant to say anything, but I have a feeling Sid will be back soon. Not much of a prediction, I realize that, but I am just anticipating his return and hopefully his gradual process of being the same player he was when he was taken out last January.
When asked about an upcoming break in November from so many steady games and the chance at more practices, Sidney said, "I'm anxious for that for sure but, that being said, there needs to be times and situations and we haven't gotten a lot of those lately with our schedule," Crosby said. "As things go on, we'll get more and more time and hopefully get a better feel for where I'm at as far as contact is concerned." -thn.com

He's not the only one who's anxious.

No comments: