Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Pens lose in overtime, force Game 7.

Two games had gone into overtime this series, and the Pens had won both of them. Maybe that made some people confident that we could make it three last night. Perhaps some thought that the Pens could not get that lucky with a series of such tight games, win 3 overtimes in one series. Well, I was neither of those. I try to keep my thoughts positive and never look out to expect any outcome. If I had thought the Pens would win last night in overtime, I would have been even more disappointed than I am and that is hard to imagine. If I had thought that the Pens could not be that lucky to win a third one, then I would have blamed myself for jinxing the Pens and causing them the loss.
Well, the Pens lost in overtime 5-4. They now head back to Washington to play game 7. The Pens out shot the Caps once again and had an advantage in shots after almost every period. The Pens even scored on 2 out of 5 power play chances. It wasn't enough though. Now, all we can do is look to game 7 and concentrate on that game. If both teams weren't desperate before, they sure are now.

No comments: