Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Two-headed monster? Isn't there a better name?

When asked for a nickname for both Malkin and Crosby, Crosby said, "That’s for you guys to decide. I’ve never made a nickname for myself. I’m not going to start now. I’m sure whatever they come up with is fine.”
The "they" he was referring to was that of Paul Steigerwald and Bob Errey. The name they have dubbed this duo with is "The two-headed monster." Really? That's the best? Well, these are the announcers that often mistake players during the game as well as saying words that are not even words. I think there could be a much better name out there. Dynamic Duo has been seen across signs in the arena for so long now, but perhaps they need an even better name. I don't have any GREAT ideas, but I will try and think of some!
Whatever the nickname people choose to give them, there is no denying how well the two of them have been playing as of late. They currently lead the NHL in points, Malkin first with 39 points and Crosby second with 34 points and they put on quite a show nearly every game. Nickname or no nickname, I can not wait to see more of what these two magnificent players have to offer!

http://penguins.nhl.com/team/app/?service=page&page=NewsPage&articleid=395537

No comments: