Search This Blog

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Tangradi: "I'm over Philly. I'm excited to be in Pittsburgh."

Eric Tangradi was part of the trade that sent Ryan Whitney to Anaheim and Anaheim sending Chris Kunitz and Eric Tangradi to the Pens. While Chris Kunitz is paying off playing alongside Sidney Crosby, Tangradi is also capable of being a great asset that we received in this trade. Though Tangradi is from Philadelphia, he now says, "I'm over Philly. I'm excited to be in Pittsburgh." Which is great news! Tangradi is a winger with size and toughness. He loves to be in front of the net and wearing down the other team. He views the Pittsburgh Penguins as a great organization and a great team. He also says that the thought of one day playing with the likes of Evgeni Malkin, Sidney Crosby, and Jordan Staal is a motivation for him and will be a huge motivation during his summer workouts.
I am excited to see Tangradi some time in the future and seeing what he is capable of. This is a player that I will keep tabs on and wait to see what he does.

http://penguins.nhl.com/team/app/?service=page&page=NewsPage&articleid=414517

No comments: