Search This Blog

Sunday, August 31, 2008

Tampa Bay Lightning: revival or bust?

It is no secret how busy the Tampa Bay Lightning were this summer and I don't think any fans of a team know that better than Pens fans. A lot of our team ended up signing with Tampa Bay. So many players in fact that many people have called the Tampa Bay Lightning our second team. I would be lying if I were to say I would not be paying more attention the Lightning this upcoming season. However, it is not all because of the number of ex-Pens on the roster. It has more to do with the fact of the whole team face-lift they underwent this off-season. I want to see how Stamkos does and with all the moves, I want to see if all the hype the new owners made and all the moves pay off. Or is it going to be another disappointing season for Tampa Bay?
I think most NHL fans will be paying more attention to the Tampa Bay Lightning then they may have the past few seasons. I know I will be anticipating to see how and if they improve. I also wish all the former Penguins the best of luck, not just when they are versing the Pens!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm also looking forward to seeing how Tampa will perform this season! I assume it will be substantially better than last, but it might be a little much to think of them as competetion against a strong Pens team.