Search This Blog

Sunday, August 31, 2008

Job well-deserved?

http://www.thehockeynews.com/articles/17614-Screen-Shots-The-Hockey-Show-host-more-than-just-a-pretty-face.html

Above is an article about the host of the Hockey Show on NHL.com. Now, as a female myself, I am well aware that women are completely capable of knowing and understanding the game of hockey and fully appreciate the game. However, I think they could have chosen a better host than this Carrie girl. She read Hockey for Dummies when she got the job. Sounds to me like the job was given to looks over knowledge of the game. That leaves fans at a disadvantage. Anyone can read a teleprompter but she probably can not add that much depth of her own to the coverage. Now, I am not aware if The Hockey Show actually has a lot of viewers, but I am sure a number of people are interested in some of the stories. Therefore, I beleive they should have chosen someone who knows the game. Though, if being around the game is helping her to know the game better and she actually begins to understand every aspect o hockey, then I guess it is not the worst thing. I still believe the job could have been more properly filled but as long as the stories remain relevant, then I guess I have no problem. Also, I think I have only watched one segment from The Hockey Show so I am not a regular. Just wanted to bring this subject up and see if anyone else had any other thoughts. That is, if anyone is reading this blog!

No comments: